I think i've mentioned earlier about the insecurity in public computers.I mean you have no idea on what is installed in a computer say in a cyber cafe or any other unknown place.And when you need access to your PC at home or access to your email or your company's vpn etc. you would be left with no choice but putting yourself in a big risk, by using that PC for your work.There is a solution for this, and thats what this tutorial is for.NEVER trust public computers,especially if they are windows based and are remotely located cyber cafes.A lot , i mean A LOT of malware,viruses,spyware will be present in such pcs, because so many people would have used it earlier for so many purposes and those PC's may not even have an antivirus and may not be maintained properly.
In my case i have a 2gb pen drive that i carry in my wallet , so its with me wherever i go.I installed XUBUNTU on it , it works like a charm ,so all i need to do is plug in my usb stick and i have my own pc there and i can confidently use it without being afraid whether anybody is monitoring my usage or my keystrokes etc.This is mainly used when you are travelling and not at home, it also can be used to recover your PC or someone else' broken pc.So its like a multi purpose service.
Xubuntu seems to be the perfect OS for a pen drive.Although Ubuntu Fiesty is cool too,but it requires a lot of space on your pen drive.Since you will be using it for basic stuff like browsing etc Xubuntu is just perfect for this.
Instructions on doing this is metioned beautifully in another blog,the instructions are very easy to follow and i think the tutorial is just perfect.CLICK HERE TO GET TO IT

0 comments

Post a Comment