Here's how you setup bridged mode in your dsl modem.Bridged mode basically allows you to connect to your dsl connection through a dialer.Its like you need to dial to connect to the internet.It has its own advantages..In case you have a different modem, you still can follow these steps.There might be small changes here and there..So here we go..

For Different ISP's Different vpi/vci values are used. These values need to be known to fix this right . So here are the vpi/vci values for BSNL,MTNL and AIRTEL connections
1) BSNL - VPI/VCI = 0/35
2) MTNL - VPI/VCI = 0/32
3)AIRTEL - VPI/VCI = 1/32

Now remember the correct vpi/vci values and proceed by following this . BSNL vpi/vci values 0/35 is used in this tutorial , so incase you have any other isp , use that isp's vpi/vci .

Step 1:Go to http://192.168.1.1 and enter username and password as admin

Step 2:You will see a page similar to this

Step 3:Now go to Advanced Setup->WAN and click on the Edit button next to vpi/vci 0/35

Step 4:You should see this page, now Click on next

Step 5:Now click on the Radio Button next to "Bridging" as shown in the screenshot and click on next

Step 6:You should see a page like this, click on Next

Step 7:And the last step on the router side, click on SAVE.After which you would require to reboot your adsl modem.


Now the modem configuration part is done.You now need to create a dialer to connect to the internet.Here's how you do it

Step 1:Go to start->control panel and click on "Networking and Sharing Center"(in classic view).In windows XP it is Network Connections

Step 2:Now click on Setup a Connection or Network( or create a connection in windows xp).You will find this on the left hand side corner..

Step 3:A new window would pop up.Select "Connect to the internet" and click on Next

Step 4:Select "NO , create a new connection" and click on NEXT

Step 5:Click on Broadband(PPoE)

Step 6:Enter your ISP's username and password in the appropriate fields and click on CONNECT .

Step 7:You should now be able to connect to the internet.THats all thats required..Cheers!!

7 comments

Anonymous said... @ May 7, 2008 at 4:31 AM

Hi Prashanth,

Good to see ppl, sharing knowledge and helping others.

I am in a bit of problem...I just got IPTV from BSNL (dataone) installed 2 days back.

First let me give you some background...

Previously:
I had BSNL supplied modem (UT 300R2U)from which RJ45 connection went to my netgear wireless internet port.
From the netgear wireless router one rj45 went to my desktop and i connected my laptop to it via wireless.

After IPTV:
1. They removed the netgear.
2. Connected IPTV to the BSNL modem via rj45
3. Connected desktop to modem thru' USB port.

Since I wanted wireless as well..did a little twicking in configurations looking at some posts...
(http://broadbandforum.in/bsnl-iptv/17684-using-iptv-router-setup-help-needed/)

Now the situation is --> nothing works.

I dont know much about all these routers / modems etc.

Can you give me a step-by-step guide considering i am a laymen on how to set it up..

regards,

vikas
justvicky1000@gmail.com

Samresh Jalan said... @ July 22, 2010 at 8:37 AM

dude i have done exactly the same thing...unfortunately it is not working...
send me something more
jalan.sam@gmail.com

Prash Babu said... @ July 30, 2010 at 7:54 AM

please post exactly where you are facing a problem.. so it would be easier to help..

Unknown said... @ July 16, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Babu Sir,

Previosly I was used BSNL with WA3002G4. Now I'm using local internet in our area. Now I want to use BSNL modem for WIFI with my current connection. My ISP given me IP address (IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gate way) to access internet. Now I need your help to configure my Modem with above IP addresses.

Anees said... @ March 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I am only able to connect a single pc at a time through wifi using this configuration. I want to connect multiple pcs via wifi at the same time. Please suggest solutions.

Unknown said... @ March 12, 2013 at 6:21 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said... @ March 12, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I was able to connect fine using this router.
But the problem is that if i connect my smartphone it ask for username and password, after i put in these details i am able to connect and browse fine.
on my computer it prompts with the username and password.

I can only connect one at a time..

can i use both at a time..?

Post a Comment